We built a garden last spring so we could try our hand in growing our own veggies for the summer/fall. My parents and grandparents all had gardens while I was growing up and we all loved being able to pick veggies whenever we visited.
I bought many of the plants from
my school's plant sale and found out the hard way that high school kids don't label things correctly. We ended up with jalapeno peppers, which had green peppers on the tag, and we ended up with a type of squash I had never heard of before. 

In the end we were able to grow bush beans, carrotts, pumpkins, jalapenos, scalloped squash, 2 types of lettuce, and the little "boo" pumpkins you can buy at the store.
I bought many of the plants from
It was great having fresh beans, carrotts and lettuce for dinner whenever we wanted them. We still have 4 pumpkins that are looking great for Halloween, but everything else is pretty much done growing. As you can see the pumpkins ended up taking over the whole garden.
1 comment:
How great! I've wanted to grow veggies, but we have an awful raccoon problem and I know it would be even worse if we had food growing in the yard. Enjoy!
Post a Comment